Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

It's Complicated!

Hilarious! I love this movie! Could be because I can so relate, being a babyboomer who has been through many of the same experiences. I plan to buy the dvd as soon as it comes out. Check out the video clip on my sidebar or custom video player, where Steve Martin picks up Meryl Streep for their date and she has had one hit off the joint her ex left for her, expecting she would try it when he was around, not when she was with someone else! The rest is hilarious, especially in the context of the whole movie. All the actors were so perfect in their parts! Love Harley! So funny.

As I type I am listening to the song, Good Thing, by the Fine Young Cannibals, which was the so perfect song playing at the party when Meryl and Steve are laughing and having so much fun and Alec Baldwin, the ex, is standing across the room getting more jealous by the second (Good Thing, where have you gone?). Can't get enough of that song!

Well, this movie also mimics real life, in my experience. Who hasn't made the mistake of getting involved with an ex again? Sure, there is some residual feeling there from all you have been through together and that heavy connection that comes from knowing someone on a very close, familial level. But, in my experience, the reasons you split just pop back up and remind you why you couldn't stay together before.

It can be intense, exhilarating, heart-stopping fun while it lasts, but a painful break up all over again. All I can say is, life is a confusing, complex affair. Just enjoy it, try not to hurt others and hang on for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment